Friday, June 10, 2011

Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick Lamar is a hip-hop artist from Compton, California. His influences include, 2pac, DMX, Jay-Z and Nas. Not only has Kendrick found success as a solo artist but also with his group, Black Hippy, which consists of Kendrick, Jay Rock, Ab-Soul and Schoolboy Q. Kendrick was surrounded by violence growing up and released his first mix-tape in 2003 titled, Youngest Nigga In Charge. His first mix-tape got him attention in the area and he released his second mix-tape titled, Training Day. In 2009 he released his self titled EP and in 2010 he toured with Tech N9ne and Jay Rock. He plans to release his first album in 2012 titled, Good Kid In a Mad City. He also plans to do a collaboration with J. Cole. Kendrick is an amazing artist with a lot of potential. Like many other underground artists he has a lot of passion for his craft. He was quoted as saying, "I treat every project like it’s an album anyway. It’s not gonna be nothing leftover. I never do nothing like that. These are my leftover songs ya’ll can have ‘em, nah. I’m gonna put my best out. My best effort. I’m tryna look for an album in 2012". Check out Kendrick Lamar. With his smooth flow, laid back sound and lyrics, he is another young artist that will make some noise. Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment